




The above are the purchases of my virtual shopping spree today. I will be uploading the silver jewellery in a separate blog post.
This is a new mania of mine. I browse the internet saree sites like crazy. Then, I scourge the jellwery sites to match the sarees that I have 'purchased'. When I do this, I am like one possessed. As much of a shopaholic that I am, I was not this shopping freak that I have turned into here.
This is a new mania of mine. I browse the internet saree sites like crazy. Then, I scourge the jellwery sites to match the sarees that I have 'purchased'. When I do this, I am like one possessed. As much of a shopaholic that I am, I was not this shopping freak that I have turned into here.
Now when I think of visiting Jaipur, I don't think of the wonderful palaces, the natural beauty or even the time that I would be spending with hubby - I can only think kundan jewellery!
Varanasi stirs the fond thoughts of Benarasi sarees - where goes the spirituality? What about the out-of-the- world 'jalebi's and 'rabri'?
It's like all of my senses are attuned to jewellery and sarees.
What is this obsession?
Satyajit Ray's 'Monihara' depicts one such woman - whose craving for golden ornaments leads to her death and eventual haunting of the husband. She was childless. This void in her life turned into a perverted desire for gold jewellery. Is it the same for me? Donno. I am not too fond of children. I should have been on the journey to motherhood by now, biologically. However, circumstances have prevented that from happening. Is that the reason why I crave for sarees and jewellery?
The other day in one episode of 'Suite Life of Zack and Cody', London and Bailey were participating in a beauty pageant in the ship. London said her talent was shopping :) She could have anything delivered anywhere just by a phone call.
Shopping could have been my talent as well. But alas, I don't have that kind of money. And thank God for that! The void in me would have been that much more huge after spending a tonne of money. As the husband of R says 'How can a stranger in the street control your happiness?'



collage ta darun hoyechhe kintu !!
ReplyDelete