Monday, January 18, 2010

Time flies


Hubby was here for the past 28 days. He has reached Kolkata today.
And I am struggling to come back to reality.
I have been not able to sleep at all for the past 2 nights. Hence blogging. It helps relieve my mind.
Work is a mess with my laptop being re-imaged and the desktop monitor turning pink :)
But it sure felt better to be back with my female colleagues M senior, M junior and S.
Right now back to desk after lunch and infernally bored.
It will be difficult to make the days pass now.
I had gotten used to hubby being around. Life was revolving around him. Now, it's all empty again.
I cried a river the day he started off for Kolkata.
I have to keep my mind occupied at all times. Otherwise, my old friend - depression is going to get the better of me.

I will keep blogging regularly. I will also take up the cat cross-stitch project. If I am industrious enough, I might get somebody take it back to India before I reach.

How I long for the long, lazy days spent in India. Everyday was filled with fun. Life is generally difficult, what with the public transport, the humid weather, family-related obligations etc. - but the time spent with my best friend - my hubby - really outweighs it all.
I get nostalgic when I recall the days spent window shopping in Gariahat. I would go from shop to shop enthusiastically while hubby trudged along reluctantly. And when he used to hit the movie halls, I followed behind with a wry face. Right now, when I am faced with living out over 5 months without him - I get jealous of the uneventful afternoons spent reading books in the winter sun. Back when I was home, we used to fight as to who was the lazy one who passed away the day doing nothing. Thinking back, even those do-nothing days prick me.
When would I go home? Lets hope the work goes as planned and I can get back after 5 months as scheduled.

1 comment: