Thursday, January 21, 2010

Comfort Food

With hubby gone back to Kolkata, I did a lot of shopping for myself. Retail therapy works for me, everytime.
Also, I have stocked up on my favourite comfort foods. I bought myself 2 packs of Lays Original potato crisps, a big bag of Hershey's Kisses and 4 crates of Coca Cola!
Each day, after work I sit in the favourite corner of my soft fluffy bed - propped up by two super-mushy pillows and dig into junk food. It fills me with a sense of well-being. Feels like everything is right in the world. I shut my ears from the diet-junkies and their theory on the 'sugar-rush'. All that sugar makes me feel happy. And that is all that matters right now.
Yesterday, I needed a little more incentive. So, I baked myself a potato. It was my first attempt. And it turned out great. Talk of beginner's luck!
One comfort food that I have discovered after having come to the States is Coffee flavoured ice cream from Trader Joe's. I have a tubful in the fridge :)
Looking forward to killing the dull rainy days by just curling up with my laptop and my stash of comfort food.

1 comment: