I had thought once I was halfway through my tenure here, time would pass faster.
I remember the day when S said she had been driving here in the States for eight and a half months without a driver's license - and I had wondered how would I feel when I had covered that duration here. The thought uppermost in my mind was 'Will I ever be able to pass that many months here?' As it so happens, life does not leave you much of an option. I had the option when I decided that I wanted to come to the States for a year long duration. However, once I was here, I had no choice but to complete my tenure.
There is the other wild 'possibility'. That of boarding any flight - reaching Kolkata and then resigning. How I would remain untraced for the duration of my journey is a question to which I could not fathom a rational answer. Hence, plan dropped. For the time being atleast :)
I have taken a printout of a 2010 calendar. I strike out each day on the calendar with a bright red pen. This fills me with a sadistic pleasure. There is a strange sense of finality about this ritual of mine. When days get difficult, I have always resorted to striking out days in a calendar with a red pen and reading Kahlil Gibran. Two things that I maintain while striking out days:
1. I never strike out a day which is not over yet. I believe, ruling out a day before it has unfolded in it's entirety brings bad luck.
2. I love 'accumulating' days yet to be struck off. That way, when I strike off 20 - 25 days all at once, it floods me with an enormous emotional relief.
This is my third post in one half of a working day. It speaks volumes about the quality and productivity of the work I do here :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment