Monday, October 26, 2009

Trying hard

Work life sucks.
I have to go around begging for more work every other day. I am tired of it and absolutely pissed off.
I resolve bugs on a daily basis. What the hell am I doing here? Am I serving a bloody production support team? My frustration mounts as the days go by.

This reminds me of my childhood days when appearing in multiple 'functions' was a matter of pride. If one could see you in different programmes on the 4 days during the Pujas, it meant a lot to you. And so, all the kids in the neighbourhood used to make rounds of the various 'Auntys' in the locality asking for a 'part'. I still recall one incident where I had taken great pains to reach one such lady who was choreographing an event and she had turned me away citing non-availability of further 'roles'. I still remember how much it had hurt and how I had wept when I had got home. I have still not forgiven that lady though I have forgotten her name and what she looked like!

Another vivid instance that I remember was when a grandiose event was in progress where there would be a Bihu performance. This was during my school days. Myself and my the then best friend tried hard to fit in. We were not upto the mark and were told off very harshly by a very impolite teacher. We two cried our hearts out.

Then there was this parade to be performed in front of our school building on Independence day. Me and my best friend gave it a shot. On the D-Day, that same sicko teacher ticked me off. My best friend made the cut. I was very hurt again.

Now let me narrate an incident where I did not let others and the circumstance turn me down.
I had rehearsed for a dance recital for days. The friend who was supposed to sing along to my dance decked me up beautifully. When the performance was about to begin, she was nowhere to be found. I searched the entire school building. Little did my innocent heart suspect that I was purposefully deserted!! Not one to give up, I promptly arranged a supplement singer(though she did not know the lyrics as well as the tune :)) and jumped onstage. The performance was a success. And till this day, I am proud of the fact that I did not give in when it all seemed so hopeless. Incidentally, the friend who had assisted me so bravely in my dire need went on to became one of the closest friends I have ever had till date.

1 comment:

  1. nice one ... for the first incident - you know what ? no point in trying .... just let it be ... i know it sucks ...but not worth a fight..

    the next couple of incidents , yes i can understand the hurt and disappointment a young heart suffers due to failure or rejection... i have faced similar tragedies as well...but you know....those actually add value in the journey called life.... help us to be stronger and make us smile at some later point in time ...when we are grown up :-)

    and of course, seeing the true colors of a "not so good" "friend??" and finding a close friend for life - this is why life's so interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete