A note to the readers: This post is on a negative note.
I have been trying to stay positive after the relapse in back pain. However, these thoughts crowd my mind from time to time. Hence, I thought of giving them outlet in this post. Atleast, this way I can put them to rest. I am trying to put them in order of priority.
Things that I can not do after my back fracture:
1. High heels - the thought of my red killer heels (which I had packed away with hubby) is bad enough to kill me. I have a black heel with laces to tie it up - back at home. I have never worn it. And possibly, I never will :( I always admired great heels on a lady - these days I seem to pay more attention to nice heels and even the not-so-nice ones. And not getting to wear heels and having to wear an ugly, dirty white sports shoe has narrowed down the number of dresses that I can wear :( eg. I cannot don my dapper black pant-suit or skirt-suit with the white bore.
2. Sarees! The stuff of which my dreams were made of. There are 2 hiccups in wearing a saree after the back injury. The first is the petticoat and the second is the absence of high heels. The silhouette in a saree can only be augmented with a nice pair of high heels. Alas!
3. I am unable to go shopping when I want to. Even when I am actually in a shopping mall or am browsing an online shopping catalogue, my enthusiasm for shopping is dampened by the possibility than I might never get to wear it and go somewhere.
4. I hate the fact that I need to ruminate every little action that I need to take in my mind before I actually get to do it. I hate the fact that I need to review all my actions in retrospect even more than the thinking-ahead part. If I don't do the above two, I might end up hurting my back again.
5. I cannot pick up stuff that has fallen to the floor. And these days, when I have difficulty in picking up things from the floor, I seem to be dropping them more often!
6. I am unable to sit up long enough to watch a movie.
7. I cannot break out into a jig when I want to. Gone are my days of shaking a leg at Shakira tunes :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
prothom line er "note" ta ki amar jonyo ekta warning ??? x-(
ReplyDelete