Friday, November 6, 2009

Office Office

It's now the 5th month that I am spending in this office.
I think it deserves a mention in my blog.

Today is what the project manager calls a 'Hawaian Shirt Friday'. The multitude is supposed to turn out in colourful Hawaian shirts. Whoever does so gets to have a cookie/doughnut before the others. It is jolly fun. And I appreciate the goodwill for purchasing these goodies to bring a smile to everyone's lips - end of each week. This is what building employee morale is all about. Our home country firm should take a leaf out of this book.

I was pretty charged up yesterday after having a feedback session with my module lead where he remarked that I was doing quite well for myself. I worked doubly hard yesterday. The meeting left me so optimistic that I closed a Priority 1 defect, did some troubleshooting on TFS for a team member, completed my Independence training and picked up another Priority 2 bug. I spoke to everyone around me pleasantly and overall had a good day in office.

I have to try to keep my 'pecker' up. There is simply no other way that time would pass more quickly here. I wish to take away something other than dollars from here.

One more striking feature of this office is that it is multi-ethnic.
One of the 3 module leaders is American, one is Indian and the other Chinese. This is the uniqueness of America. No other country in the world can boast of mixing so many cultures in the workplace. And for this reason America still continues to be 'the land of dreams'.

No comments:

Post a Comment