Wednesday, April 14, 2010

An Old Blunder

Tomorrow is my 3rd marriage anniversary.
God has gifted me a relatively painless day as of now - which is the greatest gift for me at this point in time.
I was scouring the Internet for pictures of traditional Bengali brides.
And I started to realize where my wedding look went wrong.
I will try to jot down the pointers:

1. My best features are my eyes. The make-up artists did not do anything to accentuate them. They should have thickly lined them with black kohl thus making them stand out.
2. Absence of the tranditional big red bindi. This would have defined my big eyes.
3. Use of stick-on decorative bindis to highlight the eyebrows - traditional sandalwood paste decoration would have been way better. (I can blame only myself for this one :( )
4. A maangtika which goes both ways across the forehead from the middle parting would have done wonders to my broad forehead.
5. The typical big circular nose pin which is extended with a thin chain till the ear - this just adds the final touch to a Bengali bride.
6. I think there is something incredibly sexy about 'alta' if tastefully applied. This works way better than Mehendi on the feet. Chunky kundan payals go like a dream with 'alta' adorned feet.

I have been thinking of getting some photographs done of my hubby and me once I am back home. I want to have some decent photographs of us in traditional Bengali attire.

No comments:

Post a Comment