Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Better Day

I had a relatively good day yesteday. It started off on a sour note with my manager telling me that he could not arrange for my hubby to come over because of company policy blah blah. However, post lunch, had a cathartic discussion with 3 middle aged HR ladies and all that girl talk and a tiny bit of chocolate really pepped me up. Dropped my prescription off at Walmarts with one colleague. Left office around 6pm. My team lead said it was remarkable that I was still in the office when most of my healthier colleagues had already departed for home. Back home I cooked up a scrambled egg casserole with potatoes and sausages and partook it while watching the undeniably sexy Brad Pitt as Achilles seducing Briseus in 'Troy'. Then, had a rare friendly chat with father with his favourite cat in company. Spoke amicably with mom as well. I was hoping to get a call from my manager but true to my company's lackadaisical standards, he did not call me eventually. It was good in a way. Helped me to carry on with my good mood uninterrupted. Took a hot bath after almost a week. Massaged some Volini. Took my sedative and slept one of the best sleep in recent times. The good mood has spilled onto today and I wish to keep it going for as long as I can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment